Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hooked on Agility

Lizzie and I have taken the plunge from casual agility competitors to serious, hardcore agility athletes.  Not sure when it happened, but I discovered my little pit bull's amazing talent to work with me (or in spite of me) in this sport, and we've suddenly gotten serious.  Agility now shapes our days here, from working with the Huckleberry Hounds Agility Club, to training the 4-H kids for the fair, to pursuing our own competitive highs in trials around Montana and eastern Washington.  The camper we bought last fall has gotten some good workouts, since it's the home away from home for Lizzie and me when we travel to weekend trials.

I'm actually considering going to Yakima for the three-day agility trial there in October.  There's not much else that could get me back to Yakima, but the thought of competing on the old home turf of Fullbright Park (in Union Gap) once again is somewhat appealing.  If we go, I'll also swing by our old neighborhood out in the Ahtanum, and see if I can glean some apples off  "Uncle" Kenny Bates' trees.

Thus far this year, Lizzie and I have gone to agility trials in Spokane (twice), Lolo (twice), and Moscow, Idaho, and we've done well at all of them.  We have a trial coming up in early October in Helena, followed by Yakima two weeks later.

No comments: